YAMAHA has UNVEILED an updated version of the 2017 Yamaha MT-10 & New MT-10 SP version of the naked bike. which have taken technology from the Yamaha R1. 2017 Yamaha MT-10 & New MT-10 SP were unveiled at the Intermot motorcycle show in Cologne, Germany. It is expected to reach showrooms of Europe by February 2017.
Features on 2017 Yamaha MT-10 & New MT-10 SP:
- It is Fitted with semi-active Öhlins Electronic Racing Suspension(ERS), which automatically adapts compression & rebound damping settings to conditions.
- All new TFT( Thin Film Transistor ) instrument panel.
- TFT dash will allow the rider to select dark or light backgrounds which will suit for day/night riding conditions.
- The rider can access Suspension Control Unit (SCU) setting via the instrument console.
- New colour options Silver, Blue, Carbon with silver bodywork, blue wheels & golden coloured forks.
- Quick-shifter System (QRS) which gives more excitement of acceleration through the gearbox. Which will momentarily cancelling drive torque when an upshift is detected.
- Engine & ECU has been remapped for smoother throttle response from low to high rpm for more balanced performance.
Suspension Control Unit (SCU):
The new & updated system which is a semi-active electronic suspension, which is monitored by a Suspension Control Unit (SCU). Which uses series of sensors that monitors the suspension movements according to the riding position. Then calculates the ideal compression and rebound damping settings for the riding condition and it will change automatically. You won’t feel the changes while adjusting. But you will feel the benefit of optimal support and comfort. The SCU settings are accessed via the switchgear & new TFT( Thin Film Transistor ) instrument dash.
We’re expecting the 2017 Yamaha MT-10 and new Yamaha MT-10 SP to be available at your local dealer in February 2017.