March 16, 2017 :We have reported about TVS working on a new generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 & RTR 180
The old apaches (RTR 160 and RTR 180) is doing pretty well in the market after upgrading it to New design with Beast look. Recently TVS have upgraded both RTR 160 and RTR 180 to BS-IV (BS4) compliants. The main reason to upgrade the Apache RTR 160 & RTR 180 to resolve some issues with old apache as well as to give tough competition to new age bikes in the same segment.
The entry level naked sports motorcycle from TVS Motors i.e 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 is expected to further boost the brand’s market share. TVS Motors never confirmed it officially and It’s not clear about the launch of new bike in the Indian market.
New Generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 & RTR 180 Similarities with TVS Apache RTR 200 4V:
From the images and video: The new gen 2017 Apache RTR 160 styling is inspired by the big brother TVS Apache 200 4V .
- Fully digital instrument console.
- Monoshock suspension.
- Headlamp with LED daytime running lights.
- LED tail lamp.
- Muscular fuel tank with side extensions.
- Offset fuel tank cap.
- Gets a New Double Barrel Exhaust.
Features of New Generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 other than TVS Apache RTR 200 4V:
- Silver panel on the side.
- Front disc brake.
- Rear drum brake.
- No split seat.
- Skinny rear tyres.
- Both electric & kick start.
New Generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 Specifications:
- 160cc, oil-cooled, single cylinder, 4-valve, BS4 engine.
- New Apache 160 is expected to deliver more power and torque as compared to the existing apache 160.
- Current Apache 160 powered by 15.2 bhp @ 8,500 rpm and 13.1 Nm torque at 4,000 rpm.
- The engine is mated to a 5 speed gearbox.
- The engine is more responsive and good throttle response.
- Gets a New Double Barrel Exhaust tuned to low bass.
New Generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 Price and launch:
Price is expected to be more or less Rs 80,000 and launch is expected during deepavali.
New Generation 2017 TVS Apache RTR 160 Rivals:
- Bajaj Pulsar NS 160.
- Bajaj Pulsar 150 /180
- Suzuki Gixxer.
- Honda Hornet.
- Yamaha FZ-S FI V 2.0.
Source: YouTube motovloggers – The Gearhead Bureau.