@Best Bike For Long Distance Traveling
A road trip with a two wheeler is everyone dream.If you are looking best bike for the long ride, then you should be knowing some of the primary aspects of the bike.
Never choose a sports bike for long tours or else be prepared for a severe back ache.
For locking precious moments you should be comfortable with your riding weapon.
- Seating Posture
- Engine heating problem.
- Ground clearance.
- Availability of service centers.
- Good Windshield.
- Fuel tank capacity.
- Shock absorbers/ good suspensions.
- Good Headlights
- Disc Brakes
Considering all these criteria, We have selected some bikes.
List of Comfortable Long Distance Touring Motorcycles in India
|Serial No.||Model Name||Details|
|1||Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500||More|
|2||Royal Enfield classic 500||More|
|3||Honda CBR 250R||More|
|4||Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220||More|
|5||Bajaj Pulsar NS200 / AS200||More|
|7||Bajaj Pulsar 220F||More|
|8||KTM Duke 390/200||More|
|9||Royal Enfield Himalayan||More|
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500
- Engine Displacement: 500cc
- Mileage(overall): 34kmpl
- Fuel tank capacity:20ltr
- Price: Rs. 1.83 Lakhs
Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 is best made for long touring motorcycles. The saddle height of the motorcycle is very less and comfortable seating position. which is very comfortable on long rides. Front and rear disc brake will perform very well in all condition. Torque in the lower gears is extremely awesome. even cruising at 40-50 in 4th gear is pretty awesome. The 20-litre fuel tank ensures that you do not require a stop for refueling often. The motorcycle is equipped with projector lamps, fuel injection, LED tail lamps and rich digital meter console with fuel, service indicator.
Royal Enfield classic 500
Engine Displacement: 499cc
Price: Rs. 1.63 Lakhs
Royal Enfield classic 500 is not a cruiser bike but it is comfortable for long ride. The 13.5 liters tank is not enough for long riding and the bike gives only 30-35 kmpl, which could go up to 400+ kms. Which will be a severe problem in remote areas due to unavailability of petrol bunks.
- For above reason, it will make you carry 5-10 liters of extra petrol in an external can while going on long rides.
- Lack of tubeless tyres.
- Lack of ABS and rear disc breaks.
- 41.3NM of torque is best for hilly and bumpy junctions. where it will perform well.
Honda CBR 250R
Engine Displacement: 249.1cc
Price: Rs. 1.95 Lakhs
Honda CBR 250R is the fully faired bike which is good for city rides and great for touring. The seating posture for the bike is not suitable for long rides. but still most of the prefer it for the long ride by changing riding style it would not be any problem in the long ride.
- Excellent cooling system.
- High ground clearance, which can take up Indian road breakers/hump with ease without abrading the bottom.
- The gears are smooth.
- Tubeless tyres.
- The good performing headlights.
- Disc brakes with ABS give you confidence while you are riding even at high speed.
Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220
Engine Displacement: 219.8cc
Price: Rs. 77,532
Bajaj Avenger 220 is a cruiser by look but not by technically. This is one of the cheapest bikes for the long ride. The Upright seating posture for the bike is suitable for long rides. The pillion gets back rest which is helpful in the long ride.
- Air cooled engine helps in all weather condition.
- This is powered 19PS with 17.5NM torque, which helps to ride in all conditions.
- We can top up to 100kmph without any stress to the engine.
- Front disc & rear drum brakes.
- The tube type tyres are problematic for the long ride.
- 14ltr fuel tank with 46kmpl which is not that great but refilling often is necessary.
Bajaj Pulsar NS200 / AS200
Engine Displacement: 199.5cc
Mileage(overall): 34 kmpl
Fuel: 12 ltr
Price: Rs. 96,653
Bajaj Pulsar NS200 / AS200 is also one of the tourer and Sports bikes. which is best for the city and long rides. The one of the advantages of this bike that we can speed up to 130+ km and even both have smooth engine and gear with the best performing cooling system. More torque which helps in the hilly area. On full tank fuel both NS200 or AS 200 could go up to 500+kms with an average of 42kmpl.
- Less vibration.
- 280mm disc in front and 230mm disc brakes which help to stop at high speed.
- Tubeless tyres.
Engine Displacement: 295cc
Mileage(overall): 25-30 kmpl
Fuel: 21 ltr
Price: 1.69 to 1.86 Lakh.
Mahindra mojo is tourer bike with best seating posture. It gets a twin circular shaped headlamp with LED lights. It offers an aggressive look. Its offers a comfortable riding. Larger fuel tank and good mileage which helps for the long ride.
- Integrated front cowl and air shield visor.
- It also features with twin chrome finished exhaust pipes.
- Good cooling system.
- Good braking System.
Bajaj Pulsar 220F
Engine Displacement: 220cc
Mileage (overall): 38 kmpl
Fuel: 15 ltr
Price: Rs. 88,382 Ex-Showroom (Mumbai)
Bajaj Pulsar 220F is sports bike but still, people prefer this for the long ride. just because of this seating position and good mileage of 38kmpl. The fuel tank is 15ltr which could go up to 550+ km’s.
- Tubeless tyres.
- Front and rear disc brakes.
- Telescopic front forks with anti-friction bush ensure that you do not feel the bad roads.
- Nitrox shock absorber in the rear for pillion comfort.
KTM Duke 390 and 200
Engine Displacement: 373cc / 199.5cc
Mileage (overall): 25-30 kmpl / 30-35kmpl
Fuel: 13.5 ltr /11litres
Price: Rs. 2.25 Lakhs / 1.43 lakhs
KTM Duke 390/200 is best selling sports bike, which is being used for the long ride because of its good performance. At present 201 KTM Duke 390 gets bigger fuel tank then the previous version, which helps for long riding.
- Less vibration.
- Good handling.
- Front and rear disc brakes with ABS.
- Wider and Tubeless tyres.
- High torque with good power.
- High-class instrumental cluster.
Royal Enfield Himalayan
Engine Displacement: 411cc
Mileage (overall): 30-35 kmpl
Fuel: 15 ltr
Price: Rs. 1.72 Lakhs
Royal Enfield Himalayan is best choice for touring, easy to repair. RE Himalayan is torquey machine. Bigger fuel tank with best class mileage which reduces stops for refueling. It is a comfortable adventure tourer. RE Himalayan performs best in the mid-range
- Oil cooled engine.
- high ground clearance.
- good handling, plush suspension
- versatile adventure tourer
- good off-road capability
- engine sump guard.
- Telescopic, 41mm fork, 200mm travel which helps best performance in off-roading.