Bajaj Auto showcased their all new products the Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS (naked series) with oil cooled engine. As we have reported, the flagship 200NS will be re-entering the Indian market in January 2017.
Specification of Bajaj Pulsar 160 NS:
- 160 cc engine, single cylinder, Bajaj’s patented triple spark, oil cooled engine.
- Power and torque ratings of which are yet to be known. We expect power output of 17 PS @ 9,500 rpm & a peak torque of 13 Nm @ 7,500 rpm.
- five-speed gearbox.
- The engine gets electric and kick starter.
- Design theme is adopted from its bigger siblig Pulsar NS 200.
- Muscular fuel tank with skinny side panels.
- New fuel filler cap.
- It is equipped with halogen head lamp.
- Digital instrument panel with analog tachometer.
- A sporty headlamp.
- Clear lens indicators.
- Underbelly exhaust.
- Body panels.
- Split LED tail lamp.
Bolted on the same perimeter frame as the AS 150.
Clip-on handlebar for better handling.
- Saree guard.
17-inch alloy wheels
Regular Telescopic front suspension and nitrox monoshock with coil-over spring at the rear.
Braking taken care by a 240 mm petal disc setup front ) and a 130 mm mechanical trail leading drum kit ( rear )-as standard.
- The rear should get an optional disc fitment.
Rivals of Bajaj Pulsar 160NS:
- TVS Apache RTR 160.
- Honda CB Hornet 160 R.
- Suzuki Gixxer.
- Yamaha FZ-S FI V2.0.
Price of Bajaj Pulsar 160NS:
Around Rs.72,000-75,000 for the base variant