@All New 2017 Yamaha R15 V3 .0
One of Yamaha company’s most prominent models in India, the Yamaha YZF-R15, a 150 cc segment motorcycle was first launched in 2008. The R15, a fully faired sports bike was christened YZF-R15 V2.0 when it received its upgrade in 2011. Recently, an all-new generation R15 was launched in Indonesia known as the Yamaha R15 V3 which was displayed to the public at a gala event in Indonesia.
The bike will be launched in India later this year, the new Yamaha R15 design has been inspired by the company’s superbike R6. It is built to surpass most bikes in the segment. The new R15 gets a lengthy list of new features, like a more powerful engine, racing heart etc. Yamaha had confirmed that the advanced R15 will be much more dynamic, faster, classy, and feature-rich than before.
The managing director of Yamaha Motor Research & Development India Pvt Ltd, Yasuo Ishihara told that the R15 will be better in its next iteration, however, no details could be shared about the exact specifications but assured that it would be step-up from the current generation in all aspects of performance and safety. He also added that the company desires to give maximum value for money for their products. But now the specifications are no longer a mystery.
All New 2017 Yamaha R15 V3 .0 SPECIFICATIONS
- Power: 14.2 kW (20 PS) / 10000 rpm
- Torque: 14.7 Nm / 8500 rpm
- Engine: 155.1 cc single cylinder liquid cooled 4 stroke SOHC engine. This engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission
- Clutch Type: Wet Type Multi-Plate Clutch, it also gets Slipper Clutch.
- Fuel delivery system: Fuel Injection
All New 2017 Yamaha R15 V3 .0 COLOURS, FEATURES, AND PRICE
The 2017 Yamaha YZF-R15 V3 is presented in a range of new exciting color options, which include a range of single tone colors as well as dual tone colors.
It also includes
- new instrument cluster with a multi-info display.
- Twin LED headlamps.
- Upside down forks.
- New exhaust system.
- New alloys.
- LED taillight.
- LED side blinkers.
- aluminum swing arm and Delta Box frame.
- Unfortunately, ABS is not on offer, not even as an option. Yamaha Indonesia will launch the R15 on 16th February 2017. The price and variants will also be revealed then.