@Bajaj Dominar 400 & Bajaj Pulsar CS400 Concept
Bajaj Auto Ltd did not participated at the 2016 Auto expo but they gave impact on future Bajaj motorcycles at 2014 in 12th Auto expo where they showcased two of their future motorcycles, SS400 and CS400. Bajaj auto Ltd already launched the smaller variant of the SS400 popularly known as the RS200 which attracted lot to scope almost all the awards last year. Besides the SS400 the other concept called the CS400. Compared to the SS400 the Bajaj pulsar CS400 definitely looked more powered by a 400 cc.
The Bajaj Dominar 400, the latest motorcycle from Bajaj Auto Ltd, launched on December 15, 2016 has been developed from the Bajaj Pulsar CS400 which was showcased in concept format at the 2014 Auto Expo. Three years in the making, Bajaj Dominar misses some of the features which were shown on the concept of Bajaj Pulsar CS400.
Below is the list of missing features —
- The biggest change as compared to the Pulsar CS400 Conceptis the missing upside down forks. The concept which Bajaj showcased 3 years ago came with upside down forks. These have been replaced by standard forks.
- Bajaj Pulsar CS400 concept was shown with petal disc brakes, while the Bajaj Dominar 400 comes with rounded disc brakes. One more thing, the disc was bolted on the left side of the alloy in the concept, while now it is bolted on the right.
- Both Bajaj Dominar 400 and the Bajaj Pulsar CS400 Concept came with two instrument clusters(dual speedometer):
- located at the conventional place in between the handlebar.
- The second one on the fuel tank.
But, that is not this case, the instrument cluster which was located on the fuel tank was also the speedometer. That is not the case with Dominar 400.
- Exhaust system seen on the Pulsar CS400 concept featured a canister which was slightly tilted as compared to that of the Bajaj Dominar 400. Also, there are minor cosmetic changes made to the exhaust system of the present model.
- The present model features a split seat but in concept, Pulsar CS400 comes with single unibody seat structure.
In addition to these features, there are many minute changes:
- The pillion grab rails are different.
- Bajaj Dominar 400 has black handlebar while Pulsar had silver.
- The Bajaj Pulsar CS400 had aluminium swing arm where as the present model as the steel one.
- The colour of ‘Bybre’ brake hood is different.